- OVER $50,000 IN CASH AND PRIZES
- 3 DAYS OF MASTER CLASSES
- LA AGENCY CASTING
- STAR STUDDED CLOSING NIGHT GALA
- MULTIPLE SCHOLARSHIPS AND COLLEGE PANELS
- SPECIAL GUEST STAR TEACHERS
- VIBE COMPANY AUDITIONS
REGISTRATION NOW OPENED
(Please read thru Instructions First)
Congratulations to Our 2020 Dancers of the Year
Congratulations to Our 2019 Dancers of the Year
Dancer of the Year Competition
- Dancers who were selected as a Team Hollywood Vibe or Hollywood Vibe Scholarship Winner in a regional city are invited to compete for the title of National Dancer of the Year.
- Contestants must perform 1 Solo in the Dancer of the Year competition and 3 Finalists from each age divisions will then be asked to Dance Off for the title at the Closing Night Gala.
- Dancer of the Year contestants can compete 2 solos, 1 for Dancer of the Year competition and 1 for National Finals Competition. You can also compete the same solo in Dancer of the Year competition as in National Finals Competition. Dancer of the Year Solos are not considered for Overall Awards but are strictly viewed for the consideration of Dancer of the year. Dancer of the Year solos do not need to have pre-qualified at a regional event.
- Dancer of the Year Finalist must pay entrance fee of $300 which includes Dancer of the Year Solo, HV Attire, Special Classes, and General Admission Gala Ticket for the Dancer. Ability to upgrade ticket to dinner will be available.
- This award is based on dancers work in the workshop as well as their performance in the competition.
- Dancer of the Year Finalists will need to be ready for rehearsal July 4th, early afternoon.
- NEW 2021 RULE: Dancer of the Year Contestants do not need to have a registered teacher with them to enter the Dancer of the Year Competition. They do need to receive permission from the studio they qualified with and register under that Studio Name. They can not register under “independent” if they received the scholarship under studio name.
2019 Battle of the Stars Competition Winners
Battle of the Stars Competition
- Top 3 Scoring Groups from each age division will be selected to Dance Off at the Closing Night Gala for their Age Groups.
- Winners will be announced at the Closing Night Gala
- Limit of 1 studio per age group in the Dance Off.
- Dancers who want to watch the show and Dinner must purchase a Gala Ticket.
- Winners will receive National Recognition for their achievement in our advertising and up to Thousands in Cash and Prizes!
Hollywood Vibe Closing Night Gala
- A perfect way to wrap up a Fantastic season Hollywood Style!!
- This wonderful Gala will feature Faculty Show with Dancer of the Year Dance Off, Battle of the Stars Dance Off, & Special Guest Performances.
- Battle of the Star Winners, National DOTY Winners, and Agency Winner will be announced!
- Purchase your tickets in Advance because this event does Sell Out! Seating will be limited due to Restrictions.
- Any Dancer who wants to attend must purchase a gala ticket
- VIP Tickets & General Admission Tickets are TBD and will go on sale closer to the event date
LA Agency Award
- At our National Finals, the winner of the LA Agency Awards receives Roundtrip Airfare to LA, a Scholarship for 1 Week to the Millennium Dance Complex, a headshot photo session with a noted L.A. photographer, and a consultation with LA’s top dance agency, Go 2 Talent Agency.
- This audition will take place during the week for those that received an Invitation in a Regional City
- Winner will be announced and presented at our Closing Night Gala.
- This award is worth well over $1000 and could be your Big Break!!
- Dancers who received an invitation to audition will register online and must be registered for the ENTIRE convention to audition.
- Dancers who are auditioning are asked to bring 5 headshots & resumes to hand to each agent present. Dancers will learn a combination in a jazz funk style and audition in groups in front of panel where LA top agencies will be present.
Scholarship Questions Answered
- If a Dancer Received a 2020 National Finals Scholarship- it can be used towards the 2021 National Finals. It will not be valid towards the 2022 National Finals.
- If a Dancer received a Team Hollywood Vibe Scholarship in 2020- Dancer will receive 50% off National Finals Convention 2021 + be eligible to enter the 2021 Dancer of the Year Competition.
- If a Dancer received a Hollywood Vibe Scholarship in 2020- dancer will be eligible to enter in the 2021 Dancer of the Year Competition
- Dancers must have received a Team Hollywood Vibe Scholarship in the 2020-2021 season in order to audition for the VIBE Company.
- Any dancer that received a Virtual 2020 National Finals Convention Scholarship is not valid towards the 2021 National Finals.
2021 Schedule (updated 5/4)
- ~2:00-5:00pm – Rehearsal for 20/21 Vibe Company Members
- Dancer of the Year Contestants Rehearsals starting at 8am
- Dancer of the year Competition
- Tentative National Finals Solo Competition
- National Finals Solo Competition in am
- Possible start of classes in afternoon
- Dancer of the Year/Battle of the Stars Competition
- Agency Audition
- Closing Night Gala
*All Dates and Times are estimated. Final Schedules are sent out 2 weeks prior to the event.
*Ages are as of Jan. 1, 2021.
*Categories, Time Limits, etc. are the same as the Regional Events
2021 National Finals Pricing
|3 DAY DANCE CONVENTION PRICING|
|Early Registration (Registered & Paid 30 Days Prior)||After Deadline|
|Minis (3 Half-Days, 5-7)||$235||$245|
|Seniors (15 ~18)||$365||$375|
|Assistant Teachers (21 & under)||$375||$385|
|Teachers / Studio Owners||$385||$395|
*We will no longer be able to sell Observer Bands for this event to ensure we are keeping within guidelines
*There will be an option for our Mini parents
|NATIONAL FINALS COMPETITION FEES|
|Solos – 2:30 Time Limit||$160|
|Duos/Trios – 3:00 Time Limit||$75 per dancer|
|Small Groups (4-9 dancers) – 3:00 Time Limit||$65 per dancer|
|Large Groups (10-16 dancers) – 4:00 Time Limit||$65 per dancer|
|Line (17-24 dancers)- 4:00 Time Limit||$65 per dancer|
|Productions (25+ dancers) – 6:00 Time Limit||$65 per dancer|
For 2021 National Finals, Pre-qualification will not be Required!