The Time is Now!
Come and join us for a convention weekend experience you won’t forget! At Hollywood Vibe our mission is to provide dancers with an uplifting convention weekend with some of the hottest choreoraphers, teachers and professional dancers Hollywood has to offer. Our faculty is dedicated to your success and to motivate you to be the best dancer you can be. Class sizes are limited so dancers get a more up close and personal experience.
Each weekend features exciting classes in all types of dance including Jazz, Tap, Hip Hop, Lyrical Jazz, Contemporary, Musical Theater, and Ballet.
We also provide Numerous Scholarship Opportunites including Scholarships to the Millennium Dance Complex in LA, Scholarship Checks plus multiple Convention and National Finals Scholarships.
Convention Pricing 2020-2021
|Early Registration |
(Registered 30 Days Prior)
|Minis (1 Day 5-7)||$125||$135|
|Seniors (15 ~18)||$265||$310|
|Assistant Teachers (21 & under)||$275||$320|
|Teachers / Studio Owners||$285||$285|
AGES ARE BASED AS OF JAN. 1, 2021
|Minis:||5-7 years of age |
(1 day convention)
|Juniors:||8-10 years of age |
(2 day convention)
|Intermediate:||11-12 years of age |
(2 day convention)
|Teens:||13-14 years of age |
(2 day convention)
|Seniors:||15-18 years of age |
(2 day convention)
|Asst. Teachers||(21 & under)|
Students may dance in another level based upon their ability and their teacher’s professional opinion within a certain reason. Students must audition for scholarships in the appropriate age division. Dancers may audition in a higher level but never in a lower workshop level.
- Mini Division was created to give our youngest dancers a chance to attend a one day convention typically Saturday and compete for scholarships in their own age division. Classes are on one day only. Workshop Fee includes a pass for 1 parent into the mini room only. Given at Registration.
- Minis may be combined into the junior level if attendance in city does not permit separate minis class.
- Mini Plus dancers are dancers who are Mini age that wish to dance for the entire weekend. They can dance in either the Mini or Junior room. Plus audition in the Mini room for scholarships since they are still the Mini age level. Convention fee is the same for a Junior dancer.
- Juniors and Intermediates may be combined due to hotel space and attendance in city.
- Teens may be combined in with Seniors if attendance and/or space does not permit separate divisions
- For dancers who wish to dance in a higher age division, you may do so without changing your band (with the exception of Minis). We do not do this online because we keep dancers all banded according to their age for scholarship purposes.
- Due to COVID-19, we currently will not be able to allow parental observers in class to maximize space.
- Minis will receive 1 Free Observer pass for Mini Room Only. This will be given to Teachers at Registration. Additional observer bands will not be sold. Free Observer pass can be transferable between parties. If space is limited in ballroom, we do reserve the right to reduce the amount of Mini observers.
- Teachers or Studio Owners who wish to observe classes must pay the teacher rate!
- Observers must make sure that wristbands are visible at all times.
- Observers must be with a registered dancers/s
- Please no exessive noise or talking during the classes.
- No Videotaping during the classes. Still photos may be taken.
- Observers Fee gives you entrance into the Ballroom. It does not guarantee you a seat in the ballroom. Please do not bring in Dream Duffel Bags, Costuming, Large Dance Bags, Blankets on the Floor. This is all to give priority to the space to the Dancers to Dance.
- All registration must be paid 1 month prior to receive discounted rates.
- Independent Dancers are defined as dancers who are registered without a Registered Teacher in Attendance.
- Independent Registration must be registered by a Studio Owner/Teacher with a valid Studio Name/Account
- Independent dancers are not eligible to receive the “Regional Dancer of the Year” title but are eligible for all other scholarships.
- Dancers are not required to compete in order to register for the convention. However convention is required in order to enter into the competition.
- We can only accept Checks up to 2 weeks prior to the event weekend.
- Competition Entry and Convention fees are in US funds only and are NON-REFUNDABLE. NO EXCEPTIONS! (See “Plan Of Action” tab for updated 2020-2021 Season Refund & Payment Policies)
- Hotel Discounted Room Rates are available until cut off date or until room block sells out.
- Schedules will be sent via email 1 week prior to the event.
- Scholarships can not be combined with any other scholarships or Discounts
- No more than 2 checks for each registration
- All checks returned are subject to a $25 NS Fee plus incurred late fees. We can not accept personal or studio checks day of.
- To Redeem scholarships, please enclose the scholarship with entry forms or enclose a photocopy.
- Schedule is always subject to change.
- Only Team Hollywood Vibe and Hollywood Vibe scholarships are valid for convention fees. National Finals Scholarships are not valid for the Regional Convention.
- Once registration is submitted for Hollywood Vibe, it is agreed that all dancers, teachers, parents, and other attendees will not hold HV responsible for any injury or loss of property during the event.
- Directors have final say and interpretation of rules
We email a schedule out to provided email address on the registration form about 1-2 weeks prior to the event. Schedules to vary from city to city depending on the size of the competition.
A TYPICAL SCHEDULE IS AS FOLLOWS:
- Friday Competition- Time varies from city to city. Could start as early as 7:00am
- Friday Special Bonus Master Classes- vary city to city. Typical start time 7:00pm
- Saturday Registration Begins at 7:00am
- Classes for Minis/Juniors/Intermediate/Teens/Seniors Runs 8:00am-2:00pm
- Competition Begins at 3:00/3:30pm
- Sunday Classes for Juniors/Intermediate/Teens/Seniors/Teachers Runs 8:00am-3:00pm
- Faculty Show and Scholarship presentation following classes