Join us for an Exciting Competition judged by our experienced faculty which consists of Top LA Choreographers and Dancers direct from LA. All dancers will receive recognition for every act performed in our awards ceremony.
Teachers will receive digital score sheets along with constructive comments from every judge.
Hollywood Vibe awards Fabulous Cash prizes along with it’s Judges Specialty Awards which are awarded for Overall High Score, Outstanding Choreography, Most Entertaining and Best Costume. Trophies for 1st,2nd and 3rd place, and laminated National Tour Passes which indicate the number score for each routine. Soloist receive Hollywood Vibe lapel pins indicating their number score along with their laminates.
Competition Pricing 2022-2023
|Solos – 2:30 Time Limit||$150|
|Duos/Trios – 3:00 Time Limit||$80 per dancer|
|Small Groups (4-9 dancers) – 3:00 Time Limit||$60 per dancer|
|Large Groups (10-16 dancers) – 4:00 Time Limit||$60 per dancer|
|Line (17-24 dancers)- 4:oo Time Limit||$60 per dancer|
|Productions (25+ dancers) – 6:00 Time Limit||$60 per dancer|
*Late Fees will apply if payment is made less than 30 days prior to the Event Date
*Solo Late Fees $25/solo, Duo/Trio Late Fees $5/dancer, Group Late Fees $5/dancer
AGES FOR ALL EVENTS ARE BASED AS OF JANUARY 1, 2023.
To determine the age group of an entry:
- Add up the age of all dancers in the routine.
- Divide that number by the number of dancers in the routine.
- Drop the decimal point from total. So, if average comes to 14.7, drop decimal = 14 so the routine will complete in the Teen level (13-14).
|Mini ||5 to 7 years old|
|Junior ||8 to 10 years old|
|PreTeen ||11 to 12 years old|
|Teen ||13 to 14 years old|
|Senior ||15 to 18 years old|
|Pro-Am||19 + years old (Pro-Am category is for groups who average 19 and older or teachers/professionals who wish to compete.)|
*In the event that an age is contested, please be prepared to provide proof of age
|Small Groups (4-9 dancers)||3:00 minutes|
|Large Groups (10-16 dancers)||4:00 minutes|
|Line (17-24 dancers )||4:00 minutes|
|Productions (25+ dancers)||6:00 minutes|
|There will be a 15 second “grace period” allowed for each routine|
STUDIOS ARE LIMITED TO 30 TOTAL ACTS PER STUDIO LOCATION (including Solos). LIMIT OF 1 SOLO PER DANCER.
ADDITIONAL ENTRIES MAY BE ENTERED IF THE FOLLOWING APPLY:
- Bring 30-39 dancers > Receive an additional 5 acts
- Bring 40-49 dancers > Receive an additional 10 acts
- Bring 50+ dancers > Receive an additional 20 acts
- Bring 75+ dancers- Email for Additional Act Numbers
|Tap||Tap routines must consist primarily of tap technique. Recorded tap sounds are not permitted.|
|Jazz||Jazz routines must consist of primarily of jazz technique.|
|Ballet/Pointe||Routines must consist of ballet technique including classical steps and movement.|
|Hip Hop||Routines should consist of hip hop and street dance styles.|
|Acro||Routines must consist of at least 50% acrobatic/gymnastic stunts incorporating dance technique and choreography.|
|Open||Anything that does not apply to the above listed categories. Including song and dance, character, baton and pon pom.|
|Musical Theatre||Routines featuring any style of dance interpreting a song/character from a Broadway Show, Musical, Movie, etc.|
|Lyrical||Routines that demonstrate a mix of jazz and ballet techniques incorporating emotional and story telling elements|
|Contemporary/Modern||Routines consisting of modern and ballet technique, reaching beyond the standard jazz vocabulary.|
*ALL CATEGORIES BESIDES ACRO CAN CONTAIN NO MORE THAN 4 ACROBATIC TRICKS FOR TUMBLING PASSES.
*DANCERS CAN ENTER AS MANY CATEGORIES AS LONG AS THEY DO NOT COMPETE AGAINST THEMSELVES. THE EXACT SAME DANCERS MAY NOT COMPETE IN THE SAME AGE DIVISION, DISCIPLINE, AND CATEGORY. DANCERS MAY “AGE UP” TO AVOID THIS BUT NEVER LOWERED. IF ROUTINES DO COMPETE AGAINST THEMSELVES, ONE WILL BE MOVED TO ADJUDICATION ONLY AND NOT ELIGIBLE FOR AN OVERALL AWARD.
Special Cash Awards* in Each Age Division for:
- Outstanding Choreography
- Most Entertaining
- Best Costume
- Best Direction
- Overall High Score Solo
- Overall High Score Duo/Trio
- Overall High Score Groups
* Award amounts may vary depending on amount in each age division. Group routines awarded Judges Speciality Awards. You must be contested in order to receive an Overall High Score Award and Cash Prize.
- Vibe Award 100% – 97.5%
- Platinum 97% – 94.5%
- High Gold 94% – 91.5%
- Gold 91% – 88.5%
- High Silver 88% – 85.5%
- Silver 85% – 82%
- Bronze 81%-79%
- TECHNIQUE- 30 POINTS
- PERFORMANCE- 30 POINTS
- CHOREOGRAPHY- 20 POINTS
- OVERALL IMPRESSION- 10 POINTS
- MUSIC/COSTUMING- 10 POINTS
ROUTINES THAT SCORE A GOLD AND HIGHER, QUALIFY FOR OUR 2022 NATIONAL FINAL EVENTS
Judges: Our judges are members of the Hollywood Vibe Faculty. They are some of the most encouraging, friendly, and knowledgeable Teacher/Adjudicators in the business who have already served as a judge on several Regional and National Dance Competitions. In Addition to score sheets, judges will make constructive comments for each routine they adjudicate. The Panel consists of 3 Judges of which 1 is specifically dedicated as our “Teacher” Judge. This will be a separate critique for Teachers only with critiques more geared to the Teachers needs. In the rare event that 1 judge is judging his/her own choreography, that judge will adjudicate the routine but score will be replaced by the “Teacher/Head Judge”.
Trophies: Trophies will be awarded in each age division and performance category. A minimum of 5 entries in any given category is required for 1st through 3rd place trophy to be awarded. A 1st place trophy only will be awarded in categories with less than 5 entries. Routines that are uncontested in a given category must score a gold or higher to receive a 1st place trophy. For Solos, Duo-Trios, Groups, Lines, & Productions: Categories with 5 or more entries will be broken up by discipline.
Medals: Medals are awarded to soloists indicating their score.
Dancer of the Year: This title will be awarded to dancers the judges feel deserve this prestigious title due to their hard work, skill, and dedication to the art of dance. This award is based on their work in the workshop as well as their performance in the competition. One award will be presented in the Junior, Intermediate, Teen, and Senior Convention level. Male Dancers of the Year will also be awarded when applicable. Independent dancers are not eligible to receive the Dancer of the Year Title at Regionals
Overall High Score: Winners that receive Overall High Score titles will receive Cash Prizes! In order to receive an Overall High Score award & Cash Prize, you must be contested. Top 3 will be awarded with 5 or more entries and Top 5 will be awarded with 10 or more entries.
- All Music must be uploaded thru the Registration Portal 1 week before the Event Date
- Music must be submitted as: .mp3, .m4a, or .aif
- No CDs will be accepted, even as backups.
- Please be provide to provide back-up music if necessary, iPhones, Computers or Flashdrive
- In the event the incorrect music is uploaded during the performance, Notify Backstage IMMEDIATELY. If the routine performs more than 45seconds, the routine can not be performed again. PLEASE DOUBLE CHECK THAT ALL MUSIC HAS BEEN UPLOADED CORRECTLY
- General Props are permitted. Hotel ceiling heights, wing space, etc vary from venue to venue. Please contact us for any questions
- As soon as your props are finished, we ask that you load them out to create more backstage space.
- Please avoid using Water, Powder, Paint, Glass in your routines to be considerate of the other performers and hazards that may occur.
- Stage is 40′ wide by 28′ deep (wing space varies from venue to venue)
- Marley Dance Floor.
- Tap Mics are positioned down stage
- Routines & Costuming must be age-appropriate and family viewing. If judges feel a routine is not, points will be deducted or disqualification
- If a routine is a tie, tie will be broken 1st by Technique, 2nd by Overall Impression, 3rd by Judges’ Discussion. Ties may also be broken by Directors
- Routines must perform in scheduled order unless discussed prior with Hollywood Vibe. Consideration is given for quick costume changes. Consideration is not given for Rehearsal time and routine Run-thrus. Point Deduction or dis-qualification may occur.
- Hollywood Vibe tries it best to avoid judges judging their own choreography. In the event that this happens, the choreographing judge’s score will be dropped and replaced by the ‘head’ judge’s score.
- There is no videotaping or photography of any kind during performances. Disqualification may result if this rule is not followed.
- All dancers authorize the use of their image in photos and video for Hollywood Vibe advertisement purposes
- No Refunds will be issued for any cancelations. Credits may be issued at the discretion of Hollywood Vibe.
- In order to accommodate all competition entries, you may be asked to perform as early as Friday morning. If a routine can not perform due to school obligations (hours), a refund may be issued.