LIVE THE EXPERIENCE!
Come and join us for a convention experience you won't forget! At Hollywood Vibe our mission is to provide dancers with an uplifting convention with some of the hottest choreoraphers, teachers and professional dancers Hollywood has to offer. Our faculty is dedicated to your success and to motivate you to be the best dancer you can be. Class sizes are limited so dancers get a more up close and personal experience.
Our convention features exciting classes in all types of dance including Jazz, Tap, Hip Hop, Lyrical Jazz, Contemporary, Musical Theater, and Ballet.
We also provide Numerous Scholarship Opportunites including Scholarships to the Millennium Dance Complex in LA, Scholarship Checks plus multiple Convention and National Finals Scholarships.
DANCERS MUST BE REGISTERED FOR THE ENTIRE WORKSHOP IN ORDER TO COMPETE.
FREQUENT STUDENT DISCOUNT
Dancers who attend one city at full workshop price, may attend a 2nd city within the Hollywood Vibe
2014-2015 season at 50% off. Discount does not apply to National Finals.
- Minis: 5-8 Years of age (1 Day Workshop)
- Juniors: 9-12 Years of age 2 Day Convention
- Teens: 13-14 Years of Age 2 Day Convention
- Seniors: 15-18 Years of Age 2 Day Convention
- Asst. Teachers (19+)
- Teachers/Studio Owners
AGES ARE BASED ON THE FRIDAY OF THE CONVENTION WEEKEND
These age divisions are listed as guidelines for the placement of students. Students may wish to dance in another level based upon their ability and their teacher's professional opinion. Students must audition for scholarships in the appropriate age division. Dancers may audition in a higher level but never in a lower workshop level.
- Mini Division was created to give our youngest dancers a chance to attend a one day convention typically Saturday and compete for scholarships in their own age division. Classes are on one day only. Workshop Fee includes a pass for 1 parent into the mini room only.
- Minis may be combined into the junior level if attendance in city does not permit separate minis class.
- Teens may be combined in with Seniors if attendance and/or space does not permit separate divisions.
- Independents are defined as 1 dancer attending Hollywood Vibe without a teacher in attendance.
- Independents are welcome to the convention.
- Dancers are not required to compete in order to register for the convention. However convention is required in order to enter into the competition
- Observers are $30 for the weekend when pre-registered online thru the studio
- Observers are non-dancers, teachers, or studio owners.
- Teachers or Studio Owners who wish to observe classes must pay the teacher rate!
- Observers fee at event is $20 per day or $35 for the weekend.
- Observer space is limited. Observers 4 and under are Free
- Observers must make sure that wristbands are visible at all times.
- Please no exessive noise or talking during the classes
- No Videotaping during the classes. Still photos may be taken
CONVENTION RULES & REGULATIONS
- All registration must be paid 1 month prior to receive discounted rates
- Entry and Convention fees are in US funds only and are NON-REFUNDABLE. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- No Fax Registration will be accepted
- Schedules will be sent via email 1 week prior to the event.
- No more than 2 checks for each registration
- All checks returned are subject to a $25 NS Fee plus incurred late fees. We can not accept personal or studio checks day of.
- To Redeem scholarships, please enclose the scholarship with entry forms or enclose a photocopy.
- Schedule is always subject to change.
- Only Team Hollywood Vibe and Hollywood Vibe scholarships are valid for convention fees. National Finals Scholarships are not valid for the Regional Convention
- Once registration is submitted for Hollywood Vibe, it is agreed that all dancers, teachers, parents, and other attendees will not hold HV responsible for any injury or loss of property during the event.
What is the schedule for the weekend?
We email a schedule out to provided email address on the registration form about 1-2 weeks prior to the event. Schedules to vary from city to city depending on the size of the competition.
A typical schedule is as follows:
- Friday Competition- Time varies from city to city.
- Friday Special Bonus Master Classes- vary city to city. Typical start time 7:00pm
- Saturday Registration Begins at 7:00am
- Classes for Minis/Juniors/Seniors Runs 8:00am-2:00pm
- Competition Begins at 3:00/3:30pm
- Sunday Classes for Juniors/Seniors/Teachers Runs 8:00am-3:00pm
- Faculty Show and Scholarship presentation following classes
FOR WORKSHOP PRICING, PLEASE EMAIL OR CALL OUR OFFICES AT 818-567-2359.