LIVE THE EXPERIENCE!
Come and join us for a convention experience you won’t forget! At Hollywood Vibe our mission is to provide dancers with an uplifting convention with some of the hottest choreoraphers, teachers and professional dancers Hollywood has to offer. Our faculty is dedicated to your success and to motivate you to be the best dancer you can be. Class sizes are limited so dancers get a more up close and personal experience.
Our convention features exciting classes in all types of dance including Jazz, Tap, Hip Hop, Lyrical Jazz, Contemporary, Musical Theater, and Ballet.
We also provide Numerous Scholarship Opportunites including Scholarships to the Millennium Dance Complex in LA, Scholarship Checks plus multiple Convention and National Finals Scholarships.
DANCERS MUST BE REGISTERED FOR THE ENTIRE CONVENTION IN ORDER TO COMPETE.
CONVENTION PRICING 2015-2016
(Registered 30 Days Prior)
|Minis (1 Day 5-8)||$105||$115|
|Seniors (15 ~18)||$245||$245|
|Assistant Teachers (21 & under)||$260||$270|
|Teachers / Studio Owners||$265||$275|
TEACHERS/STUDIO OWNERS, PLEASE CONTACT US FOR DETAILS REGARDING THE BEST DISCOUNTS AND BENEFITS!
- Minis: 5-8 Years of age (1 Day Workshop)
- Juniors: 9-12 Years of age 2 Day Convention
- Teens: 13-14 Years of Age 2 Day Convention
- Seniors: 15-18 Years of Age 2 Day Convention
- Asst. Teachers (21 & under)
- Teachers/Studio Owners
***NEW** AGES ARE BASED AS OF JAN. 1, 2016
Students may dance in another level based upon their ability and their teacher’s professional opinion within a certain reason. Students must audition for scholarships in the appropriate age division. Dancers may audition in a higher level but never in a lower workshop level.
- Mini Division was created to give our youngest dancers a chance to attend a one day convention typically Saturday and compete for scholarships in their own age division. Classes are on one day only. Workshop Fee includes a pass for 1 parent into the mini room only.
- Minis may be combined into the junior level if attendance in city does not permit separate minis class.
- For Mini dancers who wish to dance in the Junior level, we have created a “Mini Plus” division. This upgrade can be made online. Mini Plus dancers can audition in the Mini division because they are the Mini age level.
- Teens may be combined in with Seniors if attendance and/or space does not permit separate divisions.
- Independents are defined as 1 dancer attending without a teacher in attendance.
- Independents are welcome to the convention.
- Independent dancers are not eligible to receive the “Regional Dancer of the Year” title but are eligible for all
- other scholarships.
- Dancers are not required to compete in order to register for the convention. However convention is required in order to enter into the competition.
- For dancers who wish to dance in a higher age division, you may do so without changing your band (with the exception of Minis). We do not do this online because we keep dancers all banded according to their age for scholarship purposes.
FREQUENT STUDENT DISCOUNT
Dancers who attend one city at full workshop price, may attend a 2nd city within the Hollywood Vibe 2015-2016 season at 50% off. Discount does not apply to National Finals.
- Observers are $35 for the weekend when pre-registered 30days prior online thru the studio.
- Observers are non-dancers.
- Teachers or Studio Owners who wish to observe classes must pay the teacher rate!
- Observers fee at event is $25 per day or $45 for the weekend.
- Observer space is limited. Observers 4 and under are Free.
- Observers must make sure that wristbands are visible at all times.
- Please no exessive noise or talking during the classes.
- No Videotaping during the classes. Still photos may be taken.
- All registration must be paid 1 month prior to receive discounted rates.
- Entry and Convention fees are in US funds only and are NON-REFUNDABLE. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- No Fax Registration will be accepted.
- Schedules will be sent via email 1 week prior to the event.
- No more than 2 checks for each registration
- All checks returned are subject to a $25 NS Fee plus incurred late fees. We can not accept personal or studio checks day of.
- To Redeem scholarships, please enclose the scholarship with entry forms or enclose a photocopy.
- Schedule is always subject to change.
- Only Team Hollywood Vibe and Hollywood Vibe scholarships are valid for convention fees. National Finals Scholarships are not valid for the Regional Convention.
- Once registration is submitted for Hollywood Vibe, it is agreed that all dancers, teachers, parents, and other attendees will not hold HV responsible for any injury or loss of property during the event.
WHAT IS THE SCHEDULE FOR THE WEEKEND?
We email a schedule out to provided email address on the registration form about 1-2 weeks prior to the event. Schedules to vary from city to city depending on the size of the competition.
A TYPICAL SCHEDULE IS AS FOLLOWS:
- Friday Competition- Time varies from city to city.
- Friday Special Bonus Master Classes- vary city to city. Typical start time 7:00pm
- Saturday Registration Begins at 7:00am
- Classes for Minis/Juniors/Teens/Seniors Runs 8:00am-2:00pm
- Competition Begins at 3:00/3:30pm
- Sunday Classes for Juniors/Teens/Seniors/Teachers Runs 8:00am-3:00pm
- Faculty Show and Scholarship presentation following classes