VIEW > 2013-2014 SEASON RESULTS
Join us for an Exciting Competition judged by our experienced faculty which consists of Top LA Choreographers and Dancers direct from LA. All dancers will receive recognition for every act performed in our awards ceremony.
Teachers will receive written score sheets along with constructive comments from every judge.
Hollywood Vibe awards Fabulous Cash prizes along with it’s Judges Specialty Awards which are awarded for Overall High Score, Outstanding Choreography, Most Entertaining and Best Costume. Trophies for 1st,2nd and 3rd place, and laminated National Tour Passes which indicate the number score for each routine. Soloist receive Hollywood Vibe lapel pins indicating their number score along with their laminates.
All Overall High Score Winning Routines win Great Cash Prizes and are invited to compete those acts at our Nationals FREE!
CONVENTION IS REQUIRED IN ORDER TO ENTER THE COMPETITION.
SPECIAL CASH AWARDS IN EACH AGE DIVISION FOR:
- Outstanding Choreography
- Most Entertaining
- Best Costume
- Best Direction
- Overall High Score Solo
- Overall High Score Duo/Trio
- Overall High Score Groups
* Award amounts may vary depending on amount in each age division
Trophies will be awarded in each age division and performance category. A minimum of 5 entries in any given category is required for 1st through 3rd place trophy to be awarded. A 1st place trophy only will be awarded in categories with less than 5 entries. Routines that are uncontested in a given category must score a gold or higher to receive a 1st place trophy. Categories with 10 or more entries will be broken up by discipline.
Medals are awarded to soloists indicating their score.
Stage with a 30′ x 48′ marlee dance floor, professional lightning, LED Video Screens,backdrop, state of the art sound, and side wings.
(stage height and size may vary due to hotel and convention center restrictions)
DANCER OF THE YEAR
This title will be awarded to soloists the judges feel deserve this prestigious title due to their hard work, skill, and dedication to the art of dance. This award is based on their work in the workshop as well as their performance in the competition. One award will be presented in the Junior/ Intermediate level and one in the Teen/Senior/Pro-Am Level.
OVERALL HIGH SCORE
Winners that receive Overall High Score titles will receive Cash Prizes and be invited to perform their winning routine FREE at our National Finals
Our judges are members of the Hollywood Vibe Faculty. They are some of the most encouraging, friendly, and knowledgeable Teacher/Adjudicators in the business who have already served as a judge on several Regional and National Dance Competitions. In Addition to score sheets, judges will make constructive comments for each routine they adjudicate.
For video and photographs of events, contact Pro Pix.
NEW MEDIA RULES
Photography and Video recording from any media devices (i.e. digital cameras, cell phones, SLR’s, Flip, etc) is strictly prohibited during classes and competition. This is to enforce the children’s safety and privacy, as well as protecting the work of choreographers and faculty. We offer professional photo and video services at each of our events.
SCORING (.5 and higher will be rounded up)
- Call us for the BEST RATES in the industry 818-567-2359.
- All fees must be paid 1 MONTH PRIOR to receive these rates.
- Day of entries will be accepted if space is available.
- There is a limit of 1 Solo per dancer at regional events.
- Independents are defined as dancer attending without a registered studio teacher. Independent solos will be accepted if space and time permit.
- In order to accommodate all entries, you may also be asked to perform on Friday. By entering, you agree to this possibility.
- A dance routine may move up in age division in order to avoid competition against itself within a category, but never lower.
- Competing dancers may enter routines in multiple categories as long as they are not competing against themselves in the same division, category, and age group.
- All ages are based as of the First Day of Competition. Dancers must be able to provide proof of age in questionable situations as upon request from a Hollywood Vibe director.
- A 15-point deduction will result for those routines that do not comply with the above listed guidelines.
- All entries who sing must have choreography.
- Dancers must be registered for the entire convention in order to compete.
- Entry fees are NON-REFUNDABLE. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- No Canadian Checks accepted. Bank money orders must be payble in US funds only.
- Registered teachers cannot perform in the competition.
- Competing dancers may compete for one studio only, unless special constent is given.
- Competing dancers should be ready 30 minutes prior to their scheduled competition time. If the competition runs ahead of schedule, each dancer will be expected to perform early.
- All attendees authorize the use of their images in photos and video for any Hollywood Vibe promotional purposes.
- No Fax registration is accepted.
- Confirmation and scheduling information will be emailed 1 week prior to the event.
- No more than 2 checks for each registration.
- All checks returned are subject to a $25 NS Fee plus the incurred late fees. No personal checks are accepted day of.
- All routines must be family viewing. Disqualification or point deduction will occur if judges/directors feel a routine is not within guidelines.
- Judges score sheets and comments are available to teachers, studio owners, representatives for pick up on Sunday. Hollywood Vibe takes no responsiblity for those that are not picked up at the event.
- Entries will be accepted on a first come, first serve basis.
- Judges may change the discpline of a number if they feel it is incorrectly placed.
- Judges break all ties and decisions by judges are FINAL.
- Routines must perform in their scheduled order unless discussed with a director beforehand. A 15 point deduction may occur for those that do not comply
- All participants agree to make all costume changes quickly in order to keep the competition running on schedule. Unreasonable delays can result in disqualification of the routine.
- There is NO videotaping or photography of any kind during the competition, classes, and in dressing rooms.
- Competition admission is FREE.
- There will be reserved seating for all registerd teachers during the competition.
- Convention wristbands must be worn at all times.
- Directors have final decision and interpretation of all rules and regulations.
- Schedule is always subject to change.
STUDIOS ARE LIMITED TO 30 ACTS PER STUDIO LOCATION. ADDITIONAL ENTRIES MAY BE ENTERED IF THE FOLLOWING APPLY:
- Bring 30-39 dancers > Receive an additional 5 acts
- Bring 40-49 dancers > Receive an additional 10 acts
- Bring 50+ dancers > Receive an addiitonal 20 acts
*THERE IS NO LIMIT TO THE AMOUNT OF SOLOS A STUDIO MAY BRING JUST NO MORE THAN 1 SOLO PER DANCER.
TO DETERMINE THE AGE GROUP OF AN ENTRY, AVERAGE THE AGE OF THE PERFORMERS. IF THE AVERAGE COMES TO A .5, ROUND DOWN (.6 AND HIGHER MOVES UP IN AGE DIVISION).
||5 to 7.5 years old|
||8 to 9.5 years old|
||10 to 12.5 years old|
||13 to 14.5 years old|
||15 to 18.5 years old|
|Pro-Am||19 + years old (Pro-Am category is for groups who average 19 and older or teachers/professionals who wish to compete.)|
*ALL CATEGORIES BESIDES ACRO CAN CONTAIN NO MORE THAN 4 ACROBATIC TRICKS FOR TUMBLING PASSES.
|Tap||Tap routines must consist primarily of tap technique. Recorded tap sounds are not permitted.|
|Jazz||Jazz routines must consist of primarily of jazz technique.|
|Ballet/Pointe||Routines must consist of ballet technique including classical steps and movement.|
|Hip Hop||Routines should consist of hip hop and street dance styles.|
|Acro||Routines must consist of at least 50% acrobatic/gymnastic stunts incorporating dance technique and choreography.|
|Open||Anything that does not apply to the above listed categories. Including song and dance, character, baton and pon pom, and modern.|
|Musical Theatre||Routines featuring any style of dance interpreting a song/character from a Broadway Show, Musical, Movie, etc.|
|Lyrical||Routines should demonstrate balance, extension, and control while using contemporary lyrical style.|
|Contemporary/Modern||Routines consisting of modern and ballet technique, reaching beyond the standard jazz vocabulary.|
*A 15-POINT DEDUCTION WILL RESULT FOR THOSE ROUTINES THAT DO NOT COMPLY.
|Small Groups (4-9 dancers)||3:00 minutes|
|Large Groups (10-19 dancers)||4:00 minutes|
|Productions (20+ dancers)||6:00 minutes|
*ADDITIONAL TIME MAY BE PURCHASED.
- A single CD is required for each entry.
- No cassette tapes will be accepted.
- Each routine must be on a seperate CD.
- Please have back up music for each routine ready on hand.
- Teachers are responsible for dropping off and picking up music/score sheets/comments at the beginning and end of the competition.
- Singers who require a microphone must provide their own.
- Teachers must turn in music at the correct turn in time.
WHAT IS THE SCHEDULE FOR THE WEEKEND?
We email a schedule out to provided email address on the registration form about 1-2 weeks prior to the event. Schedules to vary from city to city depending on the size of the competition.
A TYPICAL SCHEDULE IS AS FOLLOWS:
- Friday Competition- Time varies from city to city.
- Friday Special Bonus Master Classes- vary city to city. Typical start time 7:00pm
- Saturday Registration Begins at 7:00am — Classes for Minis/Juniors/Seniors Runs 8:00am-2:00pm — Competition Begins at 3:00/3:30pm
- Sunday Classes for Juniors/Seniors/Teachers Runs 8:00am-3:00pm — Faculty Show and Scholarship presentation following classes